Rolls-Royce Wraith

Rolls-Royce Wraith parts and Spares

The Rolls-Royce Wraith was built by Rolls-Royce at their Derby factory from 1938 to 1939 and supplied to independent coachbuilders as a running chassis.

The in-line six cylinder, overhead valve, 4257 cc engine was based on that of the 25/30 but featured a cross-flow cylinder head. The four speed gearbox had synchromesh on second, third and fourth speeds and retained the traditional right hand change.

The Wraith featured an independent coil sprung front suspension based on a Packard 120 retaining semi elliptical leaf springs on the rear axle. The hydraulic dampers at the front had their damping rate controlled by governor and so varied with the speed of the car, making it superior to its predecessor, the 25/30 H.P. and on par with the Phantom III. The car was still built on a separate chassis but this was now of welded rather than the traditional riveted construction. The drum brakes were assisted by a mechanical servo driven by the engine patented by Hispano-Suiza and built by Rolls-Royce under licence. Wire wheels of 17 inch diameter were fitted, with the spokes usually covered by removable discs. A built in hydraulic jacking system was fitted operated by a lever under the passenger seat.

1 Item(s)

per page

1 Item(s)

per page